Stage 2 Food for Babies – 8 to 10 months old
Stage 2 foods are for babies who are 8 to 10 months old.
Feeding time is going to get interesting, you’ll know your baby is ready for the next stage when little or no food comes out of the mouth while feeding. Get your baby familiarized with the Indian flavors. Spices and herbs used in Indian dishes come with many medicinal benefits and among them is the famous Kichidi.
It is advisable to introduce the Kichidi elements to baby individually prior, like the dal and rice. This is easy to digest and its ingredients are known for its health benefits.
Rice – ½ cup
Moong dal – ½ cup
Onion – 1 small sized
Tomato – 1 small sized
Vegetables – 1 cup chopped (1 carrot, 5 cauliflower florets, handful of peas and 1 small potato)
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Water – 4.5 cups
- Slice onions, chop tomatoes finely. Wash and Chop all vegetables into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Wash rice and moong dal together and soak it in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Heat the pressure cooker with a little oil. Then add onions. Sauté them nicely until they turn golden brown.
- Once onions become transparent, add tomatoes. Fry tomatoes until the raw smell of tomatoes leaves and become mushy. Add chopped veggies, turmeric powder and give a quick stir.
- Then add soaked rice & moong dal. Mix well and stir again.
- Add required water and bring it to a boil. Then close the lid of pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for three to four whistles. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and fluff the rice with a spoon slowly.