- Nursing Conference: Ovum Hospitals organized Nursing Conference with a theme – Delivering Nursing Care – The Right Way, held on 6th Dec 2019. The conference was attended by over 100 nursing professionals from across the healthcare facilities in Bangalore and attended by Consultants from Cloud 9, Motherhood hospital, Apollo Cradle, Fortis Lefeme.
- Panel Discussions on Perinatal Collaboration Care and Evolving role of Nurse Managers – Challenges and Opportunities.
- Clinical Presentations: Topics included -Delivering Birthing Care – The Right Way, Best Peri Partum Nursing Care, Code Blue (Emergency Care), Post Natal Management of High-Risk Babies.
Publications & Presentations
- Abstract Title: “Reduction of Hypothermia in Transported Neonates at admission by ‘5-point protocol’ in a Tertiary care center in South India – A Nursing Team led Quality Improvement Initiative”
Session Title: NICU QI and Safety: The DR, Glucose, and Nutrition for the Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) 2020 Meeting, May 2-5, 2020, in Philadelphia, PA.
By Dr Shivshankar Diggikar MBBS, MD, FIPM ( IAP), Fellowship in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine (RCPCH Affiliate, London), Neonatal Consultant, Ovum Hospitals
- Abstract – CORRELATION OF SPERM DNA DAMAGE WITH BLASTOCYST FORMATION- A SYSTEMIC REVIEW AND META-ANALYSIS. was selected for Oral Presentation at Fertivision 2018, Kochi, Kerala. Held on 14-16 December 2018 at Hotel Le Meridien, Kochi.
Presented by: Dr Srisailesh and Dr Shivranjani (Please add there profile details)
- Abstract – G26(P) To reduce the incidence of hypothermia to <10% in babies delivered through caesarean section and with gestational age >32 weeks. over a period of 6 months. Through QI approaches :
Published in BMJ Journals – Dr.Venkat.S.Reddy, Consultant Paediatric & Neonatologist, Ovum Hospitals.
- Poster Presentation at RCPCH conference Birmingham 2019 on G26(P) To reduce the incidence of hypothermia to <10% in babies delivered through caesarean section and with gestational age >32 weeks. over a period of 6 months, – By Dr.Venkat.S.Reddy, Consultant Paediatric & Neonatologist, Ovum Hospitals
- National Neoneurocon: 3rd best research paper“Feasibility of minimal enteral nutrition during therapeutic hypothermia for perinatal asphyxia: one-year experience”
This retrospective study was the first Indian experience in feeding during therapeutic hypothermia. This study was a collective effort of two centres by Dr.Narendra and Dr.Abhishek under the guidance of Dr.Praveen Venkatagiri. This was presented at paper presentation competition at National Neoneurocon July 2018 and was awarded 3rd best paper.
- State-level Nexpress: 2nd best research award“Reducing Healthcare-associated infections by improving compliance to Aseptic non-touch technique in Intravenous line maintenance: A quality improvement approach”
This Quality Improvement project was a nurse-driven project led by Dr Abhishek. Ms.Savitri, NICU nurse presented at the state level “Nexpress” research paper presentation held at St.John’s hospital on 22nd march 2019 and won second place competing with doctors.
Publications with Ovum affiliation
- Maternal dexamethasone before preterm births: implications for lower-middle-income countries. The Lancet Jan 2020. Authors- Sahoo T, Abhishek S Aradhya
This article summarized the challenges of antenatal steroids in Lower-middle income countries and summarized the advantages of Dexamethasone over Betamethasone in a reputed journal.
- Respiratory failure in a newborn. IAP textbook of pediatric and neonatal emergencies. Publisher: Jaypee. December 2019. Authors- Abhishek S Aradhya, Praveen Venkatagiri
This chapter summarises the causes and management of the common problem in neonates.
- In response to Surfactant therapy in premature babies: SurE or InSurE. Pediatric pulmonology. December 2019. Authors- Abhishek S Aradhya, Shivshankar Diggikar, Srikant Kulkarni, Praveen Venkatagiri
This article was a critical appraisal of less invasive surfactant delivery in preterm.
- UPDATE: International Guidelines 2020 for the Management of Septic Shock in Children. Indian Pediatrics July 2020. Authors- Sahoo T, Abhishek S Aradhya, Krishnamohan Gulla.
This article summarizes the Surviving sepsis guidelines of 2020 with implications to our nation.
#220, 7th Main Rd, HRBR Layout, 1 Block, Banaswadi, Bangalore 560043
Call Us: +91 80462 53900
#916, 5th A Cross, Outer Ring Road, HRBR Layout, Kalyan Nagar , Bangalore 560043
Call Us: +91 80462 53900
#216/A, 100ft Outer Ring Road, (Near kathriguppe Signal) 2nd block, , Bangalore 560085
Call Us: +91 80466 98555
#3, HIG Extension, New KHB Colony, Old Madras Road (NH 75), Hoskote Town, Bengaluru Rural District 562114
Call Us: +91 80297 15454