If you have been asked to go for a sonography test and are worried about what it is, then you have certainly landed yourself on the right page. We are here to help you with a complete understanding of the above said medical test which will help you with your diagnosis.
When it comes to sonography, it is a medical examination with the use of high-frequency sound waves. It is technically best known as ultrasound waves. These waves bounce off the body structures within and exclusively creates a picture of it.
This entire diagnosis is acknowledged as ultrasound treatment or even as an ultrasonogram. It is done with the use of a device which is called a transducer. This device ends out the waves and responds to the echo which is generated through it. So, when you visit a Sonography Center in Bangalore, a trained expert will measure, and diagnose the structures represented in the picture. According to that image, they will generate the report and share it with you.
Hopefully, now you are clear about what this diagnostic test is and how it works. We will dig in deeper to help you understand what are the purposes of using this. Keep Reading!
Purpose of Sonography
- Firstly, with the help of Sonography, you will have the image to understand the shapes and sizes of the structure in your body. It will help the expert understand what’s good and what’s bad inside. The denser and harder the tissue is, the more the sound waves will bounce back and will help you with a brighter image.
- Secondly, this process is also very much useful when it comes to assessing the shape, size, and density of the different tissues. With the help of this process, it will help in diagnosing the abdomen without having to go for surgery or operation. From assessing gallbladder to kidney stones, it proves to be very much useful. It does help in checking with diseases related to liver, kidney, appendicitis, ovarian cysts, pregnancies, and a lot more.
- Thirdly, it is also used to assess the growth and development of the fetus during pregnancy and that too in different stages. It is used for the evaluation of breast lumps, glands, joints, testicular lumps, bone diseases, and a lot more.
- Fourthly, this medical diagnostic test is also taken into consideration for the recognition of fluid flow and blood flow precisely. The computer with which the device is connected will help you understand the flow of the fluid with the use of color overlays. So, the experts will be able to analyze the direction of the flow with a lot more clarity. The color overlays will be represented in such a way that experts will be able to assess the blood flow without any hassle.
- Lastly, this form of medical diagnostic test is also taken into consideration before shifting towards higher imaging techniques. These advanced technologies have a lot more potential for more complicated problems. Technologies like CT scan(Computerized tomography )or MRI scan (Magnetic resonance imaging) will help you with a lot more assistance and better exposure. Also, a more advanced 3D scan helps to best picturise the finer details of the internal structures which can help in the decision making regarding further management of the patient.
So, hopefully, you are clear with the purposes of the Sonography and how it exclusively helps patients and doctors with complete diagnosis. If you are looking for the best Sonography Hospital in Bangalore, then you can always consider opting for Ovum Hospitals. They have an expert professional team of fetal medicine specialists as well as renowned Radiologists working with utmost commitment towards quality services. Team Ovum will never let you down in terms of infrastructure, latest equipments, and their patient centric approach!