Dr Ramya Shankar
MBBS, DGO, DNB, Fellowship in Infertility( IMA-AMS)
Dr. Ramya Shankar is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist practising at Ovum Woman & Child Speciality Hospital, Banashankari, Bangalore. She has 20 years of experience in the field of medicine.
– Her qualifications are MBBS, DGO, DNB in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fellowship in Infertility. She is also trained in Fetal and Gynec ultrasound.
– She has rendered her services as Assistant Professor at MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bengaluru and as Senior Consultant at St Mary’s Hospital, Malur.
– Her special interests are in treating infertile couples, providing care to women during pregnancy, delivery and post delivery and providing special care to high-risk pregnant women like those with diabetes in pregnancy, hypertension in pregnancy, thyroid problems in pregnancy and others.
– She is well versed in providing health care to women with gynecological conditions like menstrual disorders, fibroids, PCOS, providing contraceptive options, cancer screening of ovary, uterus and cervix. She also treats adolescents with menstrual problems.
– She is the recipient of awards like Sita Bhateja Award by Bangalore Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Best Paper Award at the 8th National Conference of Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group India (DIPSI) for her research works on diabetes in pregnancy.
– Her research work and several case reports have been published in National and International journals.
– She is academically very active & has been part of the faculty conducting several workshops at National and International conferences and has trained many postgraduate students.
– She is passionate about creating health care awareness among women and teenagers and has conducted several camps and health awareness programs on prevention and early detection of cancer cervix, PCOS , nutrition in adolescents and pregnant women, menstrual hygiene and menstrual problems in women.
She believes in giving compassionate and comprehensive health care to all her patients.