Dr. Vedarth Dash
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCH (Pediatric Surgery)
Dr. Vedarth Dash is a Paediatrician Surgeon practising at Ovum Woman & Child Speciality Hospital, Hoskote, Bangalore. Dr. Vedarth Dash is a highly skilled Pediatric Surgeon. He has been trained in apex institutes of the field and has gained immense experience in the management of the entire range of surgical conditions in children. During his training, he has shown special interest in bowel and bladder problems of children and has published many international papers on the subject. He does his own analysis of urological conditions and urodynamic studies.
He has had extensive exposure to minimally invasive surgeries during his basic surgical training that have helped him to establish a firm grounding in modern surgical techniques. His laparoscopy, thoracoscopic and vesicoscopic skills have been further honed during his tenure at PGIMER, Chandigarh under the tutelage of pioneers in the field. He is an expert in neonatal surgical intensive care, being competent in performing the necessary clinical procedures. He provides continuous monitoring with a high level of care for all his patients. He is abreast with the latest research and makes his practice evidence based. He is involved in ongoing medical education through digital platforms, conferences and clinical meets, actively participating in publications and presentations.
Awards and achievements:
Dr. Vedarth, has received various awards in the field of surgery. He was awarded the Best Undergraduate in General Surgery during his bachelor’s degree. He went on to receive the gold medal in surgery during his post graduate training at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. He has been awarded the prestigious Purushottam-Upadhyay Award for the Best Junior Research Paper by the Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons for his publication on bladder problems in children.
- Life member, Association of Surgeons of India
- Life Member, Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeon.
- Outcome Analysis of Patients of Congenital Hydrocephalus with Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt at a Tertiary Care Hospital in North India. M Bawa, V Dash, S Mahalik, KLN Rao Pediatric neurosurgery 54 (4), 233-236
- Double encephalocele: An unusual presentation. E Yhoshu, V Dash, M Bawa Journal of pediatric neurosciences 13 (2), 264
- Is urodynamic evaluation a must in all operated cases of open neural tube defects. M Bawa, V Dash, A Kalavant, JK Mahajan, KLN Rao Journal of pediatric urology 13 (6), 614. e1-614. E4
- Role of gabapentin and anticholinergics in management of neurogenic bladder after repair of spina bifida–a randomized controlled study. V Dash, M Bawa, JK Mahajan, RP Kanojia, R Samujh, KLN Rao Journal of pediatric surgery 51 (12), 2025-2029
- Long upper pouch in esophageal atresia: A rare variant E Yhoshu, JK Mahajan, V Dash Journal of neonatal surgery 5 (1)
- Health-related quality of life in children with congenital hydrocephalus and the parental concern: An analysis in a developing nation M Bawa, J Sundaram, V Dash, NJ Peters, KLN Rao. Journal of pediatric neurosciences 12 (3), 255
- Abdominoperineal pull-through with simultaneous extravesical detrussoraphy: An alternative surgical technique for congenital pouch colon with high-grade vesicoureteric reflux. M Bawa, RK Garg, V Dash, P Menon, KLN Rao Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons 23 (1), 48 1
- Role of urodynamics in male patients of high-anorectal malformations: a prospective study V Binu, V Dash, M Bawa, RP Kanojia, R Samujh.Pediatric surgery international 37 (4), 461-468
- Emergent repair of bronchial transection: both right and left main bronchial lung ventilation at surgery makes it easy for all V Dash, JK Mahajan, E Yhosho, JS Randhawa Case Reports 2016, bcr2015213451
- Giant Chylolymphatic Mesenteric Cysts in Children: A Preoperative Enigma. AY Lone, JS Randhawa, R Samujh, V Dash, SG Rao Ann Clin Case Rep. 2017; 2 1373