Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
Talk to Our Physiotherapists in Bangalore
Pre & Postnatal Physiotheraphy Services during Pregnancy
Get access to physiotherapy services & consultation in Bangalore across all branches of ovum hospitals to ensure normal delivery. Our best physiotherapists in Bangalore empower you before and after childbirth. If your body is already compensating for previous injuries, pregnancy can add further strain and pain.
Physiotherapy in pregnancy can also teach women how to correctly perform Kegel exercises which will help strengthen the pelvic floor in preparation for childbirth.
Common Structural Problems Occurring in Pregnancy
- Lower Back Pain
- Wrist and Hand Pain
- Hip and Groin Pain
- Ankle Pain
Why Pregnant Women Should Visit a Physiotherapist
- Physiotherapy Assists with Posture Changes during Pregnancy
- Pregnancy puts a huge strain on a woman’s body. The physiological changes that come with pregnancy include an increase in body mass, retention of fluid and laxity in supporting structures.
- Core stability training with a physiotherapist is one way to help prevent and treat back pain during and following pregnancy.
- You Learn How to Push Correctly During Labour
- Using their knowledge of the pelvic floor, physiotherapists can help teach women how to push effectively during childbirth. Pushing correctly will reduce the chances of pelvic floor trauma and subsequent problems.
- Physiotherapy Assists with Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Throughout pregnancy and labour, a women’s pelvic health can be compromised. Physiotherapists have specific training to assess the muscles, connective tissues and nerves in the pelvic floor.
- Some conditions that can arise from trauma to a woman’s pelvic floor include incontinence, pain during intercourse, and pelvic organ relapse.
After a woman has had a baby, an assessment and a plan for rehabilitation will assist in the recovery of her pelvic floor.